Lunch Discussion Series
- March 3, 2017. "The Vanishing American Corporation." Speaker: Jerry Davis, Ross School of Business and Department of Sociology, University of Michigan. Location: Eleanor Roosevelt College Administration Building South, room 115 (near Peets Coffee and Rady School of Management).
- March 15, 2017. "The Future of U.S. Immigration Policy in the Age of Trump." Speaker: Tom Wong, Political Science Department. Location: SSB 107.
- May 8, 2017. Speaker: John Ahlquist, School of Global Policy and Strategy.
- February 15, 2017. "Is It Good to Live Near Rich People?" Speaker: Isaac Martin, Sociology Department.
- January 27, 2017. "Rent Seeking and Inequality." Speaker: Steven Teles, Political Science Department, Johns Hopkins University.
- November 16, 2016. "What the 2016 Election Taught Us about American Politics." Speaker: Gary Jacobson, Political Science Department.
- October 14, 2016. "How to Understand America's Endless and Emotional Immigration Debate." Speaker: John Skrentny, Sociology Department and Center for Comparative Immigration Studies.
- June 10, 2016. "The American Dream, the Current Nightmare, and a Better World in Denmark." Speaker: Christian Albrekt Larsen, Center for Comparative Welfare Studies, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- May 20, 2016. "International Trade and Income Inequality." Speaker: Gordon Hanson, Economics Department and School of Global Policy and Strategy.
- March 11, 2016. "How Big a Barrier Is the Cost of College?" Speaker: Lane Kenworthy, Sociology Department and Yankelovich Center.